10X Business Letter
San Diego, Ca
Sunny and 63 Degrees
Dear 10X Business Builder,
Why should you tell your personal story during your sales presentation?
During our Influencing From The Front For Business Speaker seminars one of attendees, a sales professional in the technology field, asked me the following question:
Roberto, currently I do not tell my personal story during my sales presentation and I do not see the point of doing it. I do tell cases studies about how we have helped similar clients with our products and services, but how can telling a story about myself help me sell more?
This question is very common, and what I told this gentleman is that his personal story (some people called it the “signature story”) can be one of the most powerful tools of influence.
In a nutshell, I told him (the same thing I would tell you) is that his personal story can help him to sell more because:
- it increases the trust level between you and the listener
- It helps you position your services in the mind of the listener
- It increases the level of emotional connection between you and your listener
- It helps you stand out from your competitors
- It increases your personal brand recall
- It explains why you are so passionate about your services or products
- It can even help you overcome potential objections towards your offering
- And more, much more
Here is a video where I elaborate on these points
In sum, your personal story is one of the most powerful tools you have because:
Speak soon, (Seriously! you should!)
Contributor, The 10x Business Letter
PS: If you believe in the power of storytelling, you will absolutely LOVE our new program, Stories That Sell Volume 1. It’s a collection of stories that are ready to use during your next sales presentation. These stories are proven to increase your closing ratios (they have increased mine).
PPS: Have you heard about Influence Academy? It’s a new user portal that has everything you need to take your speaking, marketing, influence to the next level.